Quality improvement project
You will be required to participate on the NICU Quality and Safety Committee. The second committee is the Family Centered Care Committee. There are resources located within the link below at Mayo to enhance your understanding of quality improvement projects.
The quality improvement curriculum is a foundation-wide initiative to assist in the implementation of the Systems-Based Practice (SBP) and Practice-Based Learning and Improvement (PBLI) Competencies required by the ACGME of all residencies and fellowships.
The project has the following objectives:
- Facilitation of implementation of SBP and PBLI competencies in MSGME programs
- Foster quality improvement knowledge and skills among all learners of MSGME
- Principles, significance and practice of improving quality of patient care will be made integral to the existing curriculum.
- The Dreyfus model of skills will be used to guide vertical integration.
- Learning will be linked to key organizational priorities and strategic vision.
Significance for the Curriculum:
- Changing nature/focus of health care (e.g., personal and patient experiences, literature)
- Changing interests among learners
- Future of medical education
- Institutional priorities/strategic vision
- ACGME/AAMC/MSOP priority
- Significance of leadership skills at recruitment for career options