Patient Advocacy Advisory Committee
The Patient Advocacy Advisory Committee in the Mayo Clinic Ovarian Cancer SPORE aims to improve ovarian cancer survival and quality of life by engaging researchers and advocates in dialogue that will contribute patient insights to the research programs of the SPORE.
Members of the Patient Advocacy Advisory Committee promote translational research objectives, seek to remove barriers to translational research, and aid in providing information about ovarian cancer and ovarian cancer research to patients and the community.
Committee activities include:
- Participating in research and strategy discussions to provide a patient focus on results, relevance, translational impact and urgency
- Participating in clinical trial protocol development and consent form review
- Providing advice and guidance about engaging patients in research, including clinical trials and diverse patient groups
- Reviewing research progress reports, new proposals and surveys
- Providing input on patient information and communications regarding research and clinical trials
- Providing learning opportunities and focused outreach to enhance patient and community knowledge and information, including information about the Ovarian Cancer SPORE and the importance of research
- Contributing to a stronger relationship between the research-scientific community and the patient community
For more information about patient advocate opportunities at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, call 877-702-0196 (toll-free).