My research activities have most recently focused on studies of primary hyperparathyroidism. We have reviewed data from Olmsted County on the incidence of primary hyperparathyroidism. We have also reviewed fracture and morality rates in this population. Several other associated projects are being performed. We are also planning a clinical trial of postsurgical management of osteoporosis related to primary hyperparathyroidism.
We have also been involved in clinical research related to the medical treatment of osteoporosis. We are currently enrolling patients for a combination treatment trial with teriparatide combined with either alendronate (Fosamax) or raloxifene (Evista).
I also have an interest in the clinical stigmata of neuroendocrine tumors. Most of this work has centered on glucagon producing tumors.
See my publications
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Endocrinology Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Resident - Internal Medicine Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- MD University of Nebraska Medical Center, University of Nebraska, Omaha
- BS - Biology University of Nebraska, Lincoln