Pritish K. Tosh, M.D., is interested in emerging infections and preparedness activities related to them, ranging from collaborating with the Mayo Clinic Vaccine Research Group in basic science vaccine development to hospital systems research related to pandemic preparedness.
His clinical focus is on infections in patients with hematologic malignancies and infections in patients with critical illnesses.
- Emergency preparedness, pandemic planning and biodefense
- Emerging infections
- Influenza and influenza vaccines
- Infections in critical care patients
- Infections in hematology/oncology patients
- Health care epidemiology and outbreak investigation
- Graduate medical education
Significance to patient care
The emerging infections and preparedness research will help to devise health care systems responses as well as medical countermeasures to infectious diseases outbreaks. The clinical research in patients with hematologic malignancies and patients with critical illnesses will help to improve clinical outcomes for these patients.
- Member, Task Force on Mass Casualty Critical Care, American College of Chest Physicians