The primary research focus of Vera J. Suman, Ph.D., is the design and conduct of cancer clinical trials, with an emphasis in rare cancers.
As the faculty statistician in the Breast Cancer, Endocrine Malignancies and Melanoma Disease-Oriented Groups in the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Dr. Suman is involved in basic science and clinical studies designed to:
- Gain insights into mechanisms of tumor growth, drug resistance and tumor escape
- Identify druggable tumor targets and inhibitors of drug metabolism
- Assess treatment efficacy
Significance to patient care
As a member of multidisciplinary research teams, Dr. Suman has applied her statistical expertise in furthering our understanding of tumor growth, which has led to the development and testing of new treatment approaches.
- Director, Biostatistics Core, Breast Cancer Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE), Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
See my publications
- Professor of Biostatistics
- PhD - Biostatistics. Thesis: Estimating the HIV Transmission Probability Emory University
- MA - Statistics. Master's paper: A Test Based Upon the Wald Statistic for Collapsing Categories in a Contingency Table. Pennsylvania State University
- MA - Mathematics. Master's paper: The Hypercircle Inequality. Pennsylvania State University
- BA - Mathematics Providence College