My research interests include application of clinical research techniques to answer questions in cardiovascular disease.
Design and methodology:
- Secondary database studies
- Population-based epidemiology
- Randomized clinical trials
- Cohort studies
- Case-control studies
- Clinical epidemiology
- Likelihood ratios and diagnostic test evaluation
- Critical appraisal of medical evidence
Clinical and research areas of interest:
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Revascularization for chronic CAD
- Evaluation of interventional and surgical therapies for CAD
- Management of patients with combined coronary-peripheral vascular disease
- Cardiac hemodynamics
- Novel anticoagulant therapies
- Management of quality and costs in coronary
Current study examples:
- Ap rospective evaluation of the prevalence of renal artery stenosis among hypertensive patients undergoing cardiac catheterization.
- A2x2 evaluation of amiodarone and beta blockade for prevention of postoperative atrial fibrillation.
- Ap rospective randomized controlled trial of low molecular weight heparin prior to noncardiac surgeries in patients with pre-existing mechanical heart valves.
- An evaluation of periprocedural complications among patients with peripheral vascular disease in the BARI study.
- Operator volume, case mix, and procedural mortality in a rapidly changing interventional practice.