- Studying the clinical relevance of drug hypersensitivity to beta lactam antimicrobial agents. Clinical studies to date have resulted in a significant decrease in vancomycin use in patients with a history of penicillin allergy.
- Involved in clinical trials evaluating the pharmacologic and immunologic treatment of asthma.
- Co-developing a survey instrument for the assessment of asthma control.
- Investigating methods to improve physician-patient communication and relationships.
See my publications
- Allergy and Outpatient Infectious Disease
- Professor of Medicine
- MD Duke University
- PhD - Microbiology and Immunology Duke University
- AB Princeton University
- Fellow - Allergy and Immunology Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Resident - Medicine Duke University