Dr Kumar's research primarily relates to prevention and treatment of childhood obesity and related comorbidities. Dr Kumar's clinical interests and research focus on novel modalities for weight loss and for treatment of prediabetes and lipid disorders in obese children and adolescents. She has particular interest in the efficacy and long term consequences of bariatric surgery in adolescents.
- Medical treatment of childhood obesity
- Role of bariatric surgery in management of severe obesity in adolescence
- Treatment of type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents
- Treatment of lipid disoders in children and adolescents
- Study of extraskeletal benefits of vitamin D in obese children