My research interests are:
- Management of Portal hypertension. I was the Principal Investigator at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville for the recently completed international, multi-center study evaluating terlipressin in hepatorenal syndrome type 1.
- Complications after Liver Transplantation. My on-going research projects include assessing cardiovascular risk after liver transplantation and the development of markers to predict rapid fibrosis progression after transplantation for chronic Hepatitis C infection.
See my publications
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Hepatology Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Lahey Clinic Medical Center
- MD - Conferred Doctor of Medicine University College Dublin Medical School
- Resident Boston University Medical Center, Boston University
- Fellow - Gastroenterology Boston Medical Center/Boston University School of Medicine
- Research Fellowship Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Medical Center/Boston University School of Medicine
- Registrar - Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Department of Gastroenterology and the Liver Unit, St. Vincent's Hospital, Dublin 4, Ireland
- Resident - Medicine Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Internship St. Vincent's Hospital, Dublin 4, Ireland
- MB BCh/BAO University College Dublin Medical School