Dr. Hanson is a hematopathologist with a research focus on chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and the myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN). He has played a key role in the development of novel flow cytometry assays to detect minimal residual disease in CLL and the application of laboratory-based prognostic risk factors. His current interest in CLL is focused on monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis and its relationship to CLL. He works closely with the CLL and Lymphoma groups. Dr. Hanson also has a long-standing interest in the MPNs. He has worked with an international group regarding the classification of the MPNs and works closely with the Myeloproliferative group at Mayo.
See my publications
- Professor of Laboratory Medicine And Pathology
- Resident - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology University of Minnesota
- Chief Resident - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology University of Minnesota
- Fellow - Hematopathology University of Minnesota
- MD Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa
- BS Nebraska Wesleyan University