I am interested in the theory and applications of ultrasound radiation force. Radiation force of ultrasound has various applications in medicine, such as medical imaging, characterization of biological materials, and evaluation of tissue elasticity. In addition, radiation force techniques can be used to solve industrial problems, such as modal analysis and non-destructive inspection of materials.
- Further develop the theory and applications of vibro-acoustography. [This patented technology was firs introduced by us in an article in Science in 1998. Since then we have applied this technique to various fields, including medical imaging and nondestructive material evaluation.]
- Develop a clinical vibro-acoustography system. This is a general-purpose imaging system including a handheld probe for clinical applications.
- Investigate in vivo breast vibro-acoustography for diagnosis and screening.
- Develop a noninvasive method for measuring arterial stiffness. This method is based on the response of artery to a remotely induced vibration.
- Further develop a novel ultrasound based method for non-contact modal analysis of fine structures.