I have a broad interest in esophageal diseases and have described an adult cause of dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing) that may have been over-looked for some time. This condition is known as Eosinophilic esophagitis.
Furthermore, I have an interest in medical school education and have described different ways of teaching students and using small-group sessions rather than lectures to help retain the information as well as show the students the relevance of their studies to patient care.
See my publications
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MB, B Chir - Best Educator for resident education Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Fellow - Master's Degree in Medical Education Tay Park House, University of Dundee
- Consultant Division of Gastroenterology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee
- Fellow - Department of Gastroenterology Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Resident - Department of Internal Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Other Department of Medicine, Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Other Department of General Surgery, Ipswich Hospital
- MB Bchir University of Cambridge
- BSc - Physiology The Middlesex Hospital Medical School (London University), London Hospital Medical College