The Materials and Structural Testing Core is located within the Biomechanics Laboratory at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. For more than 15 years, the core has been serving investigators in a broad range of disciplines.
Its facilities consist of a machine shop, material testing room and anatomical dissection facility, as well as a dedicated room for custom testing devices, including robotic simulators.
The core has a strong history of collaboration with many areas at Mayo Clinic, including:
- Dental specialties
- Gastroenterology and hepatology
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Physiology and biomedical engineering
For investigators seeking further background information on the field of materials and structural testing, the core recommends:
- Golish SR, et al. Principles of biomechanics and biomaterials in orthopaedic surgery. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (American Volume). 2011;93:207.