The mentored research experience is a key component of the Postdoctoral Master's Degree Program in clinical and translational science.
Your research proposal is developed in CTSC 5010: Clinical Research Protocol Development with a deadline based on the academic cycle listed below. Your research proposal is reviewed by members of the CCaTS Scientific Review Group and approved by the Postdoctoral Programs Committee. Early submission of your proposal is encouraged.
|Begin course work
||Enrollment in CTSC 5010: Protocol Development
Include these items in your proposal packet:
- Research Proposal Packet Cover Page
- The proposal. Research proposals are approved by the CCaTS Postdoctoral Programs Committee and Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Follow the research proposal guidelines and construct your specific aims in a way that clearly defines the two or three publications resulting from the proposal.
- Thesis Advisory Committee (TAC) form. Complete the Master's Thesis Advisory Committee form. Read more about the Thesis Advisory Committee. All TAC members are expected to provide scientific peer review and approve your proposal prior to submission.
- Master's Degree Program form (plan of study). Complete the Master's Degree Program form. List all required and elective courses to meet the 24-credit didactic requirement. You are encouraged to meet with the education specialist to ensure your plan is feasible to complete based on your projected timeline.
Verification statement from your department or division. This must document that peer review of the proposal has taken place, as well as that the proposed work is scientifically sound and clinically meaningful. The minute excerpt from your department or division research committee or minute excerpt used for submission to the Mayo Clinic Institutional Review Board (IRB) may be used.
Note: If your project is deemed nontherapeutic and minimal risk (for example, a retrospective chart review), the IRB does not require divisional review and the CCaTS Minimal Risk Study form is used in lieu of department or division verification.
If the proposal is part of a larger project, submit the abstract and documentation of scientific peer review of the larger project (that is, the minute excerpt from the appropriate research committee or funding agency).
- Minute excerpt from the IRB. This minute excerpt documents that IRB review of your proposal was completed and approved. If the IRB has not yet approved your proposal, submit the minute excerpt when approved. If your proposal is part of a larger project, please submit the IRB approval for the larger project.
Your proposal will be reviewed by the CCaTS Postdoctoral Programs Committee using these proposal review criteria. The committee will consider whether the thesis that will result from the proposal has the potential to meet the prescribed thesis standards and is feasible within the time frame identified.