Director: Vijay Shah, M.D.
Associate Director: Lisa A. Boardman, M.D.
A requisite step for translating laboratory-based discoveries into human treatments is the process of validating research results in human tissues.
- Centralized access to 12 participating GI biobanks and institutional biospecimen resources
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocol development and modification support
- Identification of biospecimens meeting your specific research criteria
- Pathologist review of tissues
- Biospecimen processing request form support
- Access to the Clinical Core database that serves as an electronic repository of clinical, epidemiological and molecular data
- De-identified, phenotypic data
- Standardized epidemiological questionnaire for GI biobanks
- Expedited implementation of barcoding technology and database software for biospecimen inventory management