Wang, Liewei M.D., Ph.D.Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.
Clinical pharmacology involves the study and understanding of the interactions between therapeutic agents and humans. This discipline is a major backbone of one of the most important interventions, the use of therapeutic agents, that health practitioners use to treat illnesses in humans.
This program supports training in clinical pharmacology for U.S. citizens or permanent residents with M.D., M.D.-Ph.D., D.O. or equivalent degrees. Support is for the trainees in the laboratory-based programs of the faculty in clinical pharmacology. Two new positions are available each year, and training will be recommended for a two-year period.
There are 28 faculty members who participate in the program with appointments in Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Cardiovascular Diseases, Oncology, Anesthesiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Psychiatry and Psychology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, and Molecular Medicine.
Trainees are eligible to be board certified in clinical pharmacology. The laboratory-based programs represent a wide variety of endeavors in pharmacologic research, including but not limited to:
- Drug metabolism
- Mechanism of action of drugs
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Signal transduction
- Cancer therapy and clinical trials
- Patch clamp electrophysiology techniques
- Vaccine research
- Pharmacology of the vasculature
- Development of antitumor agents
An extensive didactic curriculum is also part of the program, including courses in the responsible conduct of research, biostatistics, design of clinical research, drug metabolism and techniques in molecular biology.
For more information, contact Dr. Richard Weinshilboum, program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ackerman, Michael J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Bram, Richard J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Burnett, John C. Jr. M.D.
- Choi, Doo-Sup Ph.D.
- Diasio, Robert B. M.D.
- Frye, Mark A. M.D.
- Howe, Charles L. Ph.D.
- Johnson, Bruce D. Ph.D.
- Joyner, Michael J. M.D.
- Katusic, Zvonimir S. M.D., Ph.D.
- Kaufmann, Scott H. M.D., Ph.D.
- Khosla, Sundeep M.D.
- Kullo, Iftikhar J. M.D.
- LaRusso, Nicholas F. M.D.
- Li, Hu Ph.D.
- Nair, K Sreekumaran M.D., Ph.D.
- Nath, Karl A. M.D.
- Nicholson, Wayne (Nick) T. M.D., Pharm.D.
- Redfield, Margaret M. M.D.
- Reid, Joel M. Ph.D.
- Robertson, Keith D. Ph.D.
- Russell, Stephen J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Terzic, Andre M.D., Ph.D.
- Vile, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Wang, Liewei M.D., Ph.D.
- Warner, David O. M.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.