Research Interest Areas
Contrast-enhanced transverse plane sectioned through the right and left renal hilum region
- Pathophysiology of renovascular disease, hypertension, and cardiac adaptation.
- Development and application of cell-based therapy for renal microvascular repair.
- The effect of cardiovascular risk factors (such as early atherosclerosis, the metabolic syndrome, and obesity) on myocardial microvascular function, remodeling, and adaptation to upstream coronary artery stenosis.
- Potential benefits of chronic supplementation with novel drugs (e.g. anti-inflammatory and antioxidants) on the ischemic kidney and heart.
- Development, interpretation, and implementation of physiologic imaging and image analysis techniques using multi-detector CT and magnetic resonance imaging.