See Dr. Lewis' publications on PubMed
- Reddy A, Dash C, Leerapun A, Mettler TA, Stadheim LM, Lazaridis KN, Roberts RO, Roberts LR. Hypothyroidism: A possible risk factor for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in patients with no known underlying cause of liver disease. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2007; 5:118-23.
- Wang KK et al. Factors Associated with Increased Survival Following Photodynamic Therapy for Cholangiocarcinoma. Hepatology (Submitted).
- DeHaan RD, Kipp BR, Smyrk TC, Abraham SC, Roberts LR, Halling KC. An Assessment of Chromosomal Alterations Detected by Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization and p16 Expression in Sporadic and PSC-Associated Cholangiocarcinoma. (Submitted.)
- Primak SV, Le Y, Glaser K, Reynolds CA, Lai JP, Roberts LR, Rossman PJ, Felmlee JP, Ehman RL. Magnetic Resonance Elastography Assessment of Focused Ultrasound Surgery in Cancer Models – A Pilot Study. American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Symposium on Vibration and Acoustics in Biomedical Applications, Chicago, Illinois, USA, November 5-10, 2006. Proceedings of IMECE 2006. (Submitted).
- Yu C, Friday BB, Lai JP, McCollum A, Atadja P, Roberts LR, Kaufmann SH, Adjei AA. Abrogation of MAPK and Akt signaling by the multiple receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor AEE788 synergistically potentiates histone deacetylase inhibitor-induced apoptosis in human cancer cells through ROS generation (Submitted).
- Leerapun A, Suravarapu SV, Bida JP, Clark RJ, Sanders EL, Mettler TA, Stadheim LM, Aderca I, Moser CD, Nagorney DM, LaRusso NF, de Groen PC, Menon KVN, Lazaridis KN, Gores GJ, Charlton MR, Roberts RO, Therneau TM, Katzmann JA, Roberts LR. The utility of AFP-L3% in the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma: Evaluation in a U.S. referral population (In Press).
- Baudhuin LM, Roberts LR, Enders FTB, Swanson RL, Mettler TA, Aderca I, Stadheim LM, Highsmith WE. MYH Y165C and G382D mutations in hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma patients. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology 2006; 132:159-162.
- Rouvière O, Reynolds C, Le Y, Lai JP, Roberts LR, Felmlee JP, Ehman RL. Fiducial markers for MRI pathological correlation in ex vivo or short-term in vivo animal experiments: A screening study. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2006; 23:50-59.
- Lee JS, Heo J, Libbrecht L, Chu IS, Kaposi-Novak P, Calvisi DF, Mikaelyan A, Roberts LR, Demetris AJ, Sun Z, Nevens F, Roskams T, Thorgeirsson SS. A novel prognostic subtype of human hepatocellular carcinoma derived from hepatic progenitor cells. Nature Medicine 2006; 12:410-416.
- Lai JP, Yu C, Moser CD, Aderca I, Han T, Garvey TD, Murphy LM, Garrity MM, Shridhar V, Adjei AA, Roberts LR. SULF1 inhibits tumor growth and potentiates the effects of histone deacetylase inhibitors in hepatocellular carcinoma. Gastroenterology 2006; 130:2130-2144.
- Yu C, Friday BB, Lai JP, Yang L, Sarkaria J, Kay NE, Carter CA, Roberts LR, Kaufmann SH, Adjei AA. Cytotoxic synergy between the multi-kinase inhibitor sorafenib and the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in vitro: Induction of apoptosis through Akt and JNK pathways. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 2006; 5:2378-87.
- Moreno Luna LE, Kipp BR, Halling KC, Sebo TJ, Kremers WK, Roberts LR, Barr Fritcher E, Levy MJ, Gores GJ. Advanced cytologic techniques for the detection of malignant pancreatobiliary strictures. Gastroenterology 2006; 131:1064-72.
- Kipp BR, Stadheim LM, Halling SA, Pochron NL, Harmsen S, Nagorney DM, Sebo TJ, Therneau TM, Gores GJ, de Groen PC, Baron TH, Levy MJ, Halling KC, Roberts LR. A comparison of routine cytology and fluorescence in situ hybridization for the detection of malignant bile duct strictures. American Journal of Gastroenterology 2004 ; 99:1675-1681.
- Wang F, Denison S, Lai JP, Philips LA, Montoya D, Kock N, Schule B, Klein C, Shridhar V, Roberts LR, Smith DI. Parkin gene alterations in hepatocellular carcinoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 2004;40:85-96.
- Lai JP, Chien J, Strome SE, Staub J, Montoya DP, Greene EL, Smith DI, Roberts LR*, Shridhar V* (* contributed equally to this work). HSulf-1 modulates HGF-mediated tumor cell invasion and signaling in head and neck squamous carcinoma. Oncogene 2004;23:1439-1447.
- Lai JP, Chien JR, Moser DR, Staub JK, Aderca I, Montoya DP, Matthews TA, Smith DI, Greene EL, Shridhar V*, Roberts LR* (* contributed equally to this work). hSulf1 sulfatase promotes apoptosis of hepatocellular cancer cells by decreasing heparin-binding growth factor signaling. Gastroenterology 2004;126:231-248.
- Lai JP, Chien J, Staub J, Avula R, Greene EL, Matthews TA, Smith DI, Kaufmann SH*, Roberts LR*, Shridhar V* (* contributed equally to this work). Loss of HSulf-1 upregulates heparin binding growth factor signaling in cancer. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2003;278:23107-23117.
- Ferber M*, Montoya DP*, Yu C, Aderca I, McGee A, Thorland EC, Nagorney DM, Gostout BS, Burgart LJ, Boix L, Bruix J, McMahon BJ, Cheung TH, Chung TKH, Wong YF, Smith DI, Roberts LR (* contributed equally to this work). Integration of the hepatitis B virus (HBV) and human papilloma virus (HPV) into the human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) gene in liver and cervical cancers. Oncogene 2003;22:3813-3820.
- Taniguchi K*, Roberts LR*, Aderca I, Dong X, Qian C, Murphy LM, Nagorney DM, Burgart LJ, Roche PC, Smith DI, Ross JA, and Liu W (* contributed equally to this work). Mutational spectrum of beta catenin, AXIN1, and AXIN2 in hepatocellular carcinomas and hepatoblastomas. Oncogene 2002;21:4863-4871.
- Wang L, Bani-Hani A, Montoya D, Roche PC, Thibodeau SN, Burgart LJ, Roberts LR. hMLH1 and hMSH2 expression in human hepatocellular carcinoma. International Journal of Oncology 2001;19:567-570.
- Krummel K, Roberts LR, Kawakami M, Glover TW, Smith DI. The characterization of the common fragile site FRA16D and its involvement in multiple myeloma translocations. Genomics 2000;69:37-46.
- Roberts LR, Kurosawa H, Bronk SF, Fesmier PJ, Agellon LB, Leung W-Y, Mao F, Gores GJ. Cathepsin B contributes to bile salt-induced apoptosis of rat hepatocytes. Gastroenterology 1997;113:1714-1726.
- Kurosawa H, Que FG, Roberts LR, Fesmier PJ, Gores GJ. Hepatocytes in the bile duct ligated rat express Bcl-2: A potential mechanism to inhibit apoptosis by toxic bile salts. American Journal of Physiology (Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology 35) 1997;272:G1587-G1593.
- Ohno K, Yamamoto M, Engel AG, Harper CM, Roberts LR, Tan GH, Fatourechi V. MELAS- and Kearns-Sayre-type co-mutation with myopathy and autoimmune polyendocrinopathy. Annals of Neurology 1996;39:761-766.
- Roberts LR, Nichols LA, Holland LJ. cDNA and amino-acid sequences and organization of the gene encoding the Bb subunit of fibrinogen from Xenopus laevis. Gene 1995;160:223-228.
- Roberts LR, Adzaku FK, Odonkor PO. Serum lactate dehydrogenase activity in sickle cell anaemia. Ghana Medical Journal 1988;22:63-67.
- Bhattacharya A, Shepard AR, Moser DR, Roberts LR, Holland LJ. Molecular cloning of cDNA for the Bb subunit of Xenopus fibrinogen, the product of a coordinately regulated gene family. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 1991;75:111-121.
- Holland LJ, Suksang C, Wall AA, Roberts LR, Moser DR, Bhattacharya A. A major estrogen-regulated protein secreted from the liver of Xenopus laevis is a member of the serpin superfamily: Nucleotide sequence of cDNA and hormonal induction of mRNA. Journal of Biological Chemistry 1992;267:7053-7059.
- Roberts LR, Holland LJ. Coordinate transcriptional regulation of the three fibrinogen subunit genes by glucocorticoids in cultured primary liver cells from Xenopus laevis. Endocrinology 1993;132:2563-2570.
- Roberts LR, Nichols LA, Holland LJ. Transcriptional regulation of the Xenopus laevis Bb fibrinogen subunit gene by glucocorticoids and hepatocyte nuclear factor 1: Analysis by transfection into primary liver cells. Biochemistry 1993;32:11627-11637.