Do you want to revolutionize health care? Do you want to conduct groundbreaking research in nanomedicine and tissue regeneration using stem cells? Do you want to be located five minutes from the beach in Florida? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Dr. Wolfram's Nanomedicine and Extracellular Vesicles Laboratory is for you! Join a group of young scientists who are passionate about thinking differently to solve major health care challenges.
Joy Wolfram, Ph.D., focuses her research in nanomedicine on the development of new strategies for the treatment of disease. In particular, her team is developing extracellular vesicle therapeutics and methods for organotropic drug delivery. Dr. Wolfram aspires to generate fruitful interinstitutional research collaborations around the world.
- Extracellular vesicle therapeutics
- Liver regeneration
- Organotropic drug delivery
Significance to patient care
Dr. Wolfram's research goal is to bring new nanomedicine treatments to Mayo Clinic. Nanotechnology enables the design of multifunctional and targeted therapies, thereby increasing therapeutic efficacy and reducing side effects for patients.
- Affiliate faculty, Department of Biology, University of North Florida, 2017-present
- Affiliate faculty, Department of Nanomedicine, Houston Methodist Research Institute, 2017-present
- Internationally Accomplished Finn, Inspired in Finland, 2017
- Working Group Representative, Education and Outreach Unit, Center for Immunotherapeutic Transport Oncophysics of the National Cancer Institute, Houston Methodist Research Institute, 2016-present
- Amgen Scholars Ten to Watch List, Amgen Foundation, 2016