Our research endeavors involve Doppler-Echocardiography, Valvular heart disease and left ventricular dysfunction.
We have developped new quantitative Doppler echocardiographic methods to assess valve regurgitations and stenosis and are analyzing their consequences on outcome in large prospective studies.
Inovative diagnostic approaches using blood sampling, hormonal measurements, exercise testing, computed tomography and MRI are being tested in various valve diseases and their outcome implications tested.
A major research axis is the development of inovative treatment for native valvular heart diseases and for valve regurgitations associated with left ventricular dysfunction. Medical, interventional and surgical therapies are currently being tested in clinical trials or in planned testing.
See my publications
- Consultant, Division of Structural Heart Disease, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Chair for Research, Division of Structural Heart Disease, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Professor of Medicine
- Resident - Internal Medicine/Cardiology University Hospitals in Paris
- Fellow - Department of Cardiovascular Diseases Ernest Conseil Hospital
- MD University of Paris VI
- BS Lycee Carnot Tunis