Vilmarie Rodriguez, M.D., has a special interest in the diagnosis and management of bleeding disorders (e.g., von Willebrand disease, hemophilias, coagulation factor deficiencies and platelet disorders) and thrombosis disorders (e.g., antiphospholipid syndrome-lupus anticoagulant, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and stroke). She also has expertise in pediatric blood and bone marrow transplantation.
- Bleeding disorders
- Thrombosis and anticoagulation
- Blood and bone marrow transplantation
- Pediatric hematologic disorders, including anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, bone marrow failure syndromes and hemoglobinopathies
- Pediatric oncologic disorders
Dr. Rodriguez is also an active member in two international acute lymphoblastic leukemia trials, AALL08P1 and AALL1131. She is currently a member of the Down syndrome acute lymphoblastic leukemia toxicity monitoring group for AALL1131.
Significance to patient care
Dr. Rodriguez's clinical and research efforts aim to provide diagnosis and comprehensive care to pediatric patients with bleeding and thrombosis disorders, with the goal of minimizing and preventing long-term sequelae associated with their underlying hematological disorders.
- Director, Comprehensive Hemophilia Center, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Mayo Clinic
- Full Member, Children's Oncology Group