The research interests of Ramesh K. Ramanathan, M.D., are in new drug development for the treatment of gastrointestinal (GI) cancers, with a focus on pancreatic and colon cancers.
- GI oncology
- Early drug development
Significance to patient care
The research conducted by Dr. Ramanathan will result in better treatments and novel therapies for patients with GI cancers.
- Director, GI Medical Oncology Program, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, 2014-present
- Executive committee member, Pancreatic Cancer Research Team, 2014-present
- Editorial board member, Clinical Cancer Research, 2012-present
- Editorial board member, Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, 2008-present
- Chair, Pancreatic Cancer Research Team, 2010-2014
- Editorial board member, Gastrointestinal Cancer Research, 2008-2014
- Medical director, Clinical trials program, Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, 2007-2014
- Director, GI Oncology program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, 2001-2007