Dr. Morbeck is an Assistant Professor within the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology. He also is the director of the In Vitro Fertilization and Fertility Testing Laboratories. He is an active member of the College of Reproductive Biology (AAB), American Society of Andrology, and the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
As director of the assisted reproduction laboratories, Dr. Morbeck's research interests are in the area of improving the process of gamete and embryo culture and cryopreservation. Fertility preservation is a relatively new area of medicine and he has several research projects aimed at improving the efficacy of this practice. This work deals mainly with oocyte freezing and ovarian tissue cryopreservation.
Dr. Morbeck is also actively pursuing more sensitive assays for testing reagents and supplies used for in vitro fertilization to assure quality. The goal is to provide the highest quality and safety for the process of IVF.
See my publications
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Laboratory Genetics
- Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- Associate Professor of Laboratory Medicine And Pathology
- Senior Research Fellowship - Molecular Basis of Polycystic Ovary Disease and Infertility, Laboratory of Patrick C. Roche, Ph.D. Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- Research Fellowship - Structure/Function of human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG), Laboratory of Daniel J. McCormick, Ph.D. Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- PhD - Major: Physiology, Minor: Animal Science, Advisor: Jack H. Britt, Ph.D. North Carolina State University
- MS - Major: Physiology, Advisor: Jack H. Britt, Ph.D. North Carolina State University
- BS - Dairy Science University of Wisconsin, Madison