Paul J. Limburg, M.D., is a consultant in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, with a joint appointment in the Division of Preventive, Occupational and Aerospace Medicine. He is a professor of medicine in the College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic.
He is also the medical director of Mayo Clinic Global Business Solutions, medical director of the Preventive Services Clinic and principal investigator of the Cancer Prevention Network.
Dr. Limburg's clinical and research interests are focused on chronic disease prevention, with specific emphases on chemoprevention, molecular epidemiology and early detection.
- Investigation of exposures associated with molecularly defined colorectal cancer subtypes
- Clinical evaluation of novel colorectal cancer screening technologies
- Conduct of early-phase chemoprevention trials through a multicenter, National Cancer Institute-sponsored consortium with participating sites across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
Significance to patient care
The overall goal of Dr. Limburg's translational research is to develop novel, clinically applicable interventions to reduce the public health burden associated with cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Induction into the American Society for Clinical Investigation, 2011
- Recognition as a Fellow, American Gastroenterological Association, 2011
- Spirit of Collaboration Award, Minnesota Cancer Alliance, 2008
- Laurel Award, Prevent Cancer Foundation, 2005
See my publications
- Preventive Medicine
- Professor of Medicine
- Fellow - Preventive Oncology National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health
- MPH Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School Of Public Health
- Fellow Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Resident - Internal Medicine Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship - Internal Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- MD Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- BA - Chemistry, summa cum laude Augustana College