Daniel Hall-Flavin, M.D., has an interest in addiction psychiatry, and is currently involved in research that seeks to identify factors, including genetic factors, which render an individual susceptible to addiction and susceptible to relapse to use after recovery has been initiated.
His current research efforts involve the genetic basis of altered metabolism of drugs used to treat alcoholism. Dr. Hall-Flavin is also interested in working with the Departmental Genomics study group in establishing a genomics database in addiction psychiatry.
See my publications
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- Fellow - Chemical Dependency Fellowship - Mayo Foundation Scholar Cornell University
- Resident - Adult Psychiatry Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship - Internal Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- MD University of Missouri, Kansas City
- BA - Biology, with Distinction University of Missouri, Kansas City