My research interests include treatment of malignant and benign tumors of the head and neck region (including endocrine neoplasms such as thyroid and parathyroid cancer) and skin.
This includes evaluating new radiation fractionation schemes, combining radiation therapy with chemotherapy, immunotherapy, gene therapy and other targeted biological agents; and evaluating new technology such as electronic portal imaging devices, stereotactic radiosurgery, intensity modulated radiation therapy, 4-dimensional radiation simulation and treatment, adaptive radiation therapy, image-guided radiation therapy and proton/heavy ion beam therapy.
I also have research interests in the prevention and management of acute and chronic effects of radiation such as mucositis, xerostomia and carotid artery stenosis. Much of my research has been conducted in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, North Central Cancer Treatment Group and the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group.
See my publications
- Radiation Oncology
- Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Fellow - Mayo Foundation Scholar, Department of Radiation Oncology, Head and Neck University of Florida, Shands Teaching Hospital
- Senior Resident Associate - Division of Radiation Oncology Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Resident - Radiation Oncology Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Visiting Resident - Department of Therapeutic Radiology University of Minnesota Medical School
- Internship - Transitional Internship LDS Hospital
- MD University of Utah School of Medicine
- BS Brigham Young University