My research pertains to medical education with particular interest in well-being across the continuum from medical school to physicians in practice. I am currently the primary investigator on a longitudinal multi-institutional study of burnout, quality of life, and depression of medical students. As a an Associate Director, Research Applications, Department of Medicine Program on Physician Well-Being, I am collaborating with Dr. Colin West and Dr. Tait Shanafelt on research projects focused on physician well-being.
Other research interests include outcomes from required research experience during medical school, experiences of preclinical students, and IRB issues as they pertain to medical education research.
As Chair of Clinical Experiences, I am also actively involved in development, implementation, and evaluation of the 4 year clinical curriculum at Mayo Medical School.
See my publications
- Professor of Medicine
- Professor of Medical Education
- Post-Grad - Master of Health Professions Education University of Illinois at Chicago
- Resident - Internal Medicine School of Medicine, University of Washington
- MD - Magna Cum Laude, May 1996 University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
- BA - Biology, Phi Beta Kappa 1991 St. Olaf College