Neurosurgery Regenerative Laboratory
This group engages in advanced research in regenerative neuroscience from the molecular to cell biological and integrative levels. Specific topics under investigation include:
- Molecular analysis of receptors and signal transduction mechanisms
- Axon guidance, target recognition and regeneration
- Formation and plasticity of synapses
- Control of neural cell fate
- Development of neural networks
- Regulation of glioma cell motility
- Mechanisms controlling vascular development and regeneration
The lab offers an integrated approach to training in modern neurobiology, utilizing molecular, biochemical and cell biological techniques, as well as advanced optical imaging. Members of this lab have the opportunity to work closely with the Mayo's Spinal Cord Injury Research team.
Also see Developmental and regenerative neurobiology.