Registration and program
View a PDF of the program with speaker details
Space is limited – please register early.
- Mayo Clinic Metabolomics Symposium
- Oct. 25-27, 2015
- Marriott Hotel Ballroom
- Rochester, Minn.
Mayo Clinic is a leader in the emerging field of metabolomics — the systematic study of the unique chemical fingerprints that specific cellular processes leave behind. This symposium will present translational science investigators, KL2 and other K-award scholars, and research fellows new to the metabolomics field an opportunity to explore the latest information on metabolomics and network with colleagues and world-recognized experts in the field. The symposium will explore:
- Methods for incorporating metabolomics into research
- New information and data from Mayo Clinic's Metabolomics Resource Core through lectures by Mayo Clinic and visiting faculty
- Education on emerging metabolomics methodologies and their application in basic and translational research
- Data on the use of metabolomic tools and biomarkers in clinical research
Specific topics for discussion will include:
- Tissue ceramides
- Amino acid and metabolites
- Citric acid flux
- Muscle mitochondrial functional measurements
- Systems biology
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Quantitative analysis
- Mass spectrometry-based large-scale metabolomics profiles
- Mayo Clinic's Metabolomics Mass Spectrometry Core and Metabolomics Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Core facilities (optional tour)
Attendees are invited to display a poster. Awards for excellence will be given to first place ($300), second place ($200) and third place ($100).
Both hotels are adjacent to Mayo Clinic.
Questions? Please contact rstmcmetabolomicscore@mayo.
This symposium is made possible by Mayo Clinic Metabolomics Resource Core through grant number U24DK100469 from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and originates from the National Institutes of Health Common Fund.