Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age ≥18
- Histologically documented Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the oropharynx (Stage III-IV A,B)
- Tumor tissue (primary or cervical metastasis) available for human papilloma virus (HPV) and/or p16 (in situ hybridization (ISH), immunohistochemistry (IHC) or genotyping testing) If you do not have enough leftover tumor tissue available, you will have a tumor biopsy for tumor marker testing.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status= 0, 1, or 2
- Negative pregnancy test for women of child bearing potential
- Concurrent Chemotherapy
- Previous radiation treatment for head and neck mucosal primary cancers within the past 5 years (i.e. oropharynx, nasopharynx, hypopharynx, larynx, and oral cavity)
- Pregnant or breast-feeding females
- Clinically significant uncontrolled major cardiac, respiratory, renal, hepatic, gastrointestinal or hematologic disease but not limited to: a) Symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina, or cardiac dysrrhythmia not controlled by pacer device. b) No myocardial infarction within 3 months of registration.
- Distant Metastases (Stage IV C, any T, any N and M1)
- Previous TransOral Robotic Surgery (TORS) to the oropharynx
- Unilateral Neck Radiation