Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age ≥18 years.
- Biopsy confirmed newly diagnosed or recurrent WHO Grade II or Grade III malignant glioma, or Grade III malignant astrocytoma or oligoastrocytoma.
- Planned radiation treatments at Mayo Clinic Rochester.
- Willing to sign release of information for any follow-up records.
- Provide informed written consent.
- Willingness to participate in mandatory pre- and post-treatment imaging studies.
- Patients diagnosed with WHO grade III oligodendroglioma or WHO grade IV malignant glioma.
- Patients previously treated with radiation therapy.
- Unable to undergo MRI scans with contrast (e.g. cardiac pacemaker, defibrillator, kidney failure).
- Unable to undergo an 18F-DOPA PET scan (e.g. Parkinson's Disease, taking anti-dopaminergic, or dopamine agonist medication or less than 6 half-lives from discontinuance of dopamine agonists)
- Pregnant women
- Nursing women
- Men or women of childbearing potential who are unwilling to employ adequate contraception