Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Subject must be at least 18 years of age.
- Males and females with a documented diagnosis of UC at least 4 months prior to entry into the study.
- Subjects with moderately to severely active UC based on Mayo score criteria.
- Subjects must have failed or be intolerant of at least one of the following treatments for UC:
- Corticosteroids (oral or intravenous).
- Azathioprine or 6 mercaptopurine (6 MP).
- Anti TNF therapy.
- Presence of indeterminate colitis, microscopic colitis, ischemic colitis, infectious colitis, or clinical findings suggestive of Crohn's disease.
- Subjects with disease limited to distal 15 cm.
- Subjects without previous treatment for UC (ie, treatment naïve).
- Subjects displaying clinical signs of fulminant colitis or toxic megacolon.