Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Body mass index (BMI) greater than or equal to 25
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome criteria of both oligomenorrhea (<9 menses per year) and androgen excess [clinical hirsutism (Ferriman-Gallway score >8 or severe acne) or elevated testosterone].
- Taking no medications for the treatment of insulin resistance.
- Diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome
- Untreated hypo/hyperthyroidism
- Elevated prolactin
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Renal insufficiency (creatinine > 1.5)
- Medications that can significantly affect endothelial function
- Breast Feeding
- Taking oral contraceptives
- Currently smoking