Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adult participants aged 18 years or above who are referred for routine upper GI endoscopy for BE surveillance, varices surveillance and dyspepsia.
- Able and willing to give informed consent.
- Patients known to be intolerant to endoscopy.
- Patients with history of broken nose, deviated nasal septum or disease of the nasal cavity.
- Patients not clinically fit for endoscopy as judged by their care team.
- Pregnant women.
- Patients who have allergies to Phenylephrine, Lidocaine, Benzocaine, or Simethicone.