Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adult participants aged 18 years or above who are scheduled for routine upper GI endoscopy for Barrett's Esophagus surveillance, varices surveillance and dyspepsia.
- Able and willing to give informed consent.
- Patients known to be intolerant to endoscopy.
- Patients with frequent epistaxis.
- Patients not clinically fit for endoscopy as judged by their care team.
- Pregnant women.
- Patients with allergy/sensitivity to Simethicone (Mylicon), Phenylephrine, Lidocaine nasal spray, Benzocaine spray (Topex)
- Use of anticoagulants or antiplatelets.