A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of Peginterferon Lambda-1a, With and Without Daclatasvir, Compared to Peginterferon Alfa-2a, Each in Combination With Ribavirin, in the Treatment of Naïve Genotype 2 and 3 Chronic Hepatitis C Subjects
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The purpose of this study is to determine if 24 weeks of treatment with Pegylated Interferon Lambda plus Ribavirin and 12 weeks of treatment with Pegylated Interferon Lambda plus Ribavirin and Daclatasvir will be safe and effective for treatment of hepatitis C compared to 24 weeks of treatment with Pegylated Interferon Alfa-2a plus Ribavirin
Who is eligible to participate?
- Chronic hepatitis C, Genotype 2 or 3
- Naïve to prior anti-HCV therapy
- Infected with HCV other than Genotype 2 or 3
- Positive Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), or Human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1)/HIV-2 antibody at screening
- Evidence of liver disease other than HCV
- Active substance abuse
- Evidence of decompensated cirrhosis