Identification and Differentiation of Breast Masses by Vibro-Acoustography
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
- To study in vivo detection of breast masses by vibro-acoustography (VA) imaging.
- To evaluate the performance of VA imaging in differentiating between benign and malignant breast masses identified as BI-RADS 4 or 5.
OUTLINE: Patients undergo clinical mammography of the breast, followed by vibro-acoustography (VA) imaging using ultrasonography over 90 minutes. Patients may also undergo further imaging using clinical ultrasonography.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Known breast mass identified as BI-RADS 4 or 5
- Patients with proven breast cancer who are undergoing chemotherapy before surgery are eligible
- Hormone receptor status not specified
- Menopausal status not specified
- Not pregnant
- No condition that does not allow proper use of study imaging devices
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- See Disease Characteristics