Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program
Lujan, J. Luis Ph.D., M.S.Maher, Louis (Jim) J. III Ph.D.
Award number — GM075148
The Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) at Mayo Clinic is funded by a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The overall goal of PREP is to help diversify the biomedical research workforce by preparing students from backgrounds underrepresented in science for matriculation into graduate programs in biomedical research.
The typical PREP student is someone from a background underrepresented in science, as defined by the NIH, who graduated with an undergraduate degree within the last three years but needs more research experience to be competitive for graduate school.
- Salary support
- Tuition waiver
- A small travel stipend to present at a national research conference
There are six predoctoral positions in this program. The current number of open positions changes regularly. Students can participate in the program for one or two years, depending on circumstances.
Appointees must be citizens or noncitizen nationals of the United States or must have been legally admitted as permanent residents.
Appointees must come from backgrounds underrepresented in science, as defined by the NIH.
How to apply
Apply to Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences' Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program.
Review the focus areas, mentors and publications of current and former trainees in the Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program.
- Ackerman, Michael J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Barry, Michael A. Ph.D.
- Cattaneo, Roberto Ph.D.
- Choi, Doo-Sup Ph.D.
- Doles, Jason D. Ph.D.
- Ekker, Stephen C. Ph.D.
- Fernandez-Zapico, Martin E. M.D.
- Harris, Peter C. Ph.D.
- Hedin, Karen E. Ph.D.
- Johnson, Bruce D. Ph.D.
- Johnson, Aaron J. Ph.D.
- Joyner, Michael J. M.D.
- Lerman, Lilach O. M.D., Ph.D.
- Lujan, J. Luis Ph.D., M.S.
- Maher, Louis (Jim) J. III Ph.D.
- Manduca, Armando Ph.D.
- Nelson, Timothy J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Patel, Robin M.D.
- Prakash, Y. S. M.D., Ph.D.
- Ramirez-Alvarado, Marina Ph.D.
- Riederer, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Roberts, Lewis R. M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D.
- Romero, Michael F. Ph.D.
- Scarisbrick, Isobel A. Ph.D.
- Schimmenti, Lisa A. M.D.
- Sieck, Gary C. Ph.D.
- Sun, Jie Ph.D.
- Sussman, Caroline (Carli) R. Ph.D.
- Torres, Vicente E. M.D., Ph.D.
- Wang, Liewei M.D., Ph.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.
- Windebank, Anthony J. M.D.
- Winham, Stacey J. Ph.D.
- Wu, LongJun (Long-Jun) Ph.D.