Randomized trial of UDCA in PBC
A randomized trial of ursodeoxycholic acid in patients with primary
biliary cirhossis, conducted at the Mayo Clinic from 1988 to 1992.
A date is missing if a given complication did not arise.
It is possible for death, transplant, or withdrawal to occur after
the date of the last complete follow-up (they can be ascertained without
a patient visit).
- id number
- rx : 0=placebo 1=UDCA
- date of entry to the study
- date of last complete follow-up
- histologic stage : 0= stage 1/2 at entry 1= stage 3/4
- bilirubin value at entry to the study
- Mayo risk score at entry to the study
- date of death
- date of liver transplant
- date of voluntary withdrawal
- date of histologic progression
- date of appearance of esophogeal varices
- date of ascites
- date of encephalopathy
- date of doubling of bilirubin
- date of "worsening of symptom score by 2"
sample SAS code to read the data
al., Gastroenterology, 1994, pages= 1284--1290