Microscopy and Cell Analysis Core
The Microscopy and Cell Analysis Core is fully equipped and expertly staffed to offer specimen preparation, light and electron microscopy, photography, digital imaging, and multiparameter flow cytometry and cell sorting services to Mayo Clinic investigators from both clinical and basic science laboratories.
Microscopy and cell analysis services include the following:
- X-ray probe microanalysis
- Immunogold labeling
- 3-D electron microscopy reconstructions from serial-sectioned specimens
- High-resolution reconstruction from image averaging of negative stained and cryo-tomography imaged specimens
- Instrumentation and expertise for high-end optical, two-photon, super-resolution, laser confocal, TIRF, ratio imaging and other optical methods
- Flow cytometry and live cell sorting technologies and analysis
The core staff and core director are available for the development and implementation of new microscopy methods and techniques and for testing and evaluation of instrumentation that would be of value to individual investigators and the greater research and clinical community.