Exploring the Role of B-cell Activating Factor Receptor (BAFFR)-based Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell (CAR T) in BAFFR-expressing B-cell Hematologic Malignancies and Autoimmune Rheumatologic Disorders
Tab Title Description
- Jacksonville, Florida: 20-010888
About this study
The purposes of this study are to explore the therapeutic efficacy of BAFFR-CAR T cells in BAFFR-expressing B-cell hematologic malignancies including large B-cell, mantle cell and follicular lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-cell ALL) using primary tumor and/or patient derived xenograft models, and to explore the therapeutic efficacy of BAFFR-CAR T cells in autoimmune rheumatologic diseases including systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA) associated vasculitis using primary samples and/or patient derived xenograft models.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Contact the study team to discuss study eligibility and potential participation.
Inclusion Criteria - Patient Cohort:
- Individuals (male or female) diagnosed with B-cell lymphomas, CLL or B-cell ALL, and undergoing a blood draw, scheduled biopsy or surgical procedure for the purpose of collection of the tissue (such as lymph nodes); OR
- Individuals (male or female) diagnosed with SLE, RA, ANCA-associated vasculitis, and undergoing a blood draw, scheduled biopsy, or surgical procedure for the purpose of collection of tissue including but not limited to kidney and/or skin biopsy.
- ≥ 18 years of age.
- Willing to sign informed consent.
- Willing to provide clinical data and blood and/or tissue.
Exclusion Criteria - Patient Cohort:
- Inability to understand and sign informed consent.
- Inability to confirm diagnosis of a hematologic malignancy or a rheumatologic disorder from medical records.
- Pregnant patients. Negative pregnancy will be confirmed by verbal confirmation or as is noted in the medical record.
Eligibility last updated 9/23/21. Questions regarding updates should be directed to the study team contact.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact the study team for the most up-to-date information regarding possible participation.
Publications are currently not available
Study Results Summary
Not yet available
Supplemental Study Information
Not yet available