A Study to Evaluate Early Detection of SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 in High Risk Radiation Oncology Patients
Tab Title Description
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
- Rochester, Minnesota: 20-003478
About this study
The purpose of this study is to develop algorithms that will enable earlier identification and testing triggers for COVID-19 in otherwise asymptomatic patients, and to identify baseline characteristics from patients who ultimately test positive for COVID-19 that may predict clinical trajectory during the evolution of disease.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Contact the study team to discuss study eligibility and potential participation.
- Over the age of 18 years old.
- Is currently undergoing clinically-indicated care in the Radiation Oncology Practice or scheduled to start treatment in the Radiation Oncology Practice at Mayo Clinic Rochester.
- Self reports that the patient is comfortable and willing to interact with a tablet-based interface on a daily basis.
- Remaining treatment duration of at least 2 weeks.
- Under the age of 18 years old.
- Has previously tested positive or has a pending test for SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19.
- Is currently undergoing self-quarantine for suspected COVID-19.
- Is unable to read and/or unwilling to interact with a tablet-based interface for daily questionnaire.
- Is unwilling or unable to provide baseline data required for entry into the study.
- Recent history of unexpected hospitalizations due to a chronic medical condition (e.g., chronic, unstable heart failure).
- Currently enrolled in the Remote monitoring program via Center for Connected Care.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact the study team for the most up-to-date information regarding possible participation.
Publications are currently not available
Study Results Summary
Not yet available
Supplemental Study Information
Not yet available