A Study to Assess Genetics, Risk and Education of Mammography
Tab Title Description
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
- Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona: 19-004343
NCT ID: NCT04002986
Sponsor Protocol Number: 19-004343
About this study
The purpose of this study is to to evaluate the integration of cancer genetic testing into a mammography practice aimed toward women at intermediate- to-high lifetime risk of breast cancer. If successful, this will provide an opportunity for cancer risk stratification and individualized screening.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Contact the study team to discuss study eligibility and potential participation.
- Women participating in IRB:18-010601.
- Aged 35 and over.
- Having a negative routine mammogram within 3 months.
- Qualifies as intermediate or high-risk (> 15% lifetime risk of breast cancer as defined by IBIS version 8).
- Has an active email address for survey completion.
- Not participating in the CEDM pilot.
- Known genetic cancer syndrome with test results available. for review in Mayo EMR.
- Known breast cancer.
- Unable to understand or sign informed consent.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact the study team for the most up-to-date information regarding possible participation.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Niloy Jewel Samadder, M.D.
Open for enrollment
Cancer Center Clinical Trials Referral Office
Publications are currently not available
Study Results Summary
Not yet available
Supplemental Study Information
Not yet available