A Study to Evaluate Factors in Breast Cancer Screening Among Asian Americans in Olmsted and Surrounding Counties
Tab Title Description
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
- Rochester, Minnesota: 19-002754
Sponsor Protocol Number: 19-002754
About this study
The purpose of this study is to assess the effect of acculturation, socio-economic status (SES) and place of residence (urban vs. rural) on the level of participation in breast cancer screening programs and on the breast cancer knowledge and beliefs among Asian American women in Olmsted and surrounding counties.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Please contact the study team to discuss whether or not you are eligible to participate in a study.
- Female aged 30-80 years old as of 12/31/2018.
- Self-reported as being of Indian, Chinese, Cambodian, Vietnamese or South Korean descent or not further classified beyond “Asian.”
- Olmsted, Wabasha, Dodge, and Goodhue population as of 12/31/2018.
- Be willing to participate in this survey.
- No research authorization for Mayo/OMC.
- History of breast cancer prior to 12/31/2018.
- People with inability to understand the intent of the study and follow the instructions.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact the study team for the most up-to-date information regarding possible participation.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Daniela Stan, M.D.
Contact us for the latest status
Cancer Center Clinical Trials Referral Office
Publications are currently not available
Study Results Summary
Not yet available
Supplemental Study Information
Not yet available