Beta Testing of the Mayo Clinic GeneGuide Application for Targeted Genomic Testing and Genomics Education
Tab Title Description
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
- Rochester, Minnesota: 16-006108
Sponsor Protocol Number: 16-006108
About this study
The purpose of this study is for The Center for Individualized Medicine (CIM) at Mayo Clinic to discover and translate genomic and molecular science into personalized medical applications
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Contact the study team to discuss study eligibility and potential participation.
- Age 18 years or older.
- Competent in English language.
- Under 18 years old.
- Not competent in English.
- Lives in New York, California, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island or Florida.
- Has received a bone marrow transplant or organ transplant.
- Has been diagnosed, or has a close relative who has been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency (MCAD deficiency deficency, sickle cell disease, or GJB2-related hearing loss.
- Has been diagnosed, or has a close relative who has been diagnosed with heart disease, age related macular degeneration, or prolonged paralysis when under anesthesia.
- Is currently taking a blood thinner.
Has used a direct-to-consumer genetic testing product in the past.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact the study team for the most up-to-date information regarding possible participation.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Megan Allyse, Ph.D.
Closed for enrollment
Publications are currently not available