Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patients who have undergone CABG, cardiac valve operations, and/or septal myectomies and pericardiectomies.
- Patients developing postoperative atrial fibrillation, and documented by ECG.
- Ability to provide informed consent.
- Ability to speak English and complete all aspects of this trial.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Patients with any other cardiac or non-cardiac concomitant procedures.
- Patients with suspected sternal wound infection and/or with prolonged sternal wound dressing and wound- Vac-system application or open chest wound.
- Patients with abnormal postoperative track staying in the intensive care unit for any clinical reason or hemodynamic compromise.
- Patients with platelet count <50,000.
- Patients in a severe immunocompromised state.
- Pregnant women. All patients who meet the criteria will have their medical records reviewed to ensure they are not pregnant.