Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Listed patients who are negative for HCV RNA
- Ages 40-65
- MELD score 15-34
- No contra-indications to direct acting antiviral therapy rather than Velpatasvir and Sofosbuvir as there are now two new combinations we can use besides Velpatasvir and Sofosbuvir since the protocol was written
- Not a candidate for a living donor allograft
- Deemed by transplant team to have complication of liver disease refractory to medical therapy or high risk of death and unlikely to receive a liver transplant in the next 24 to 48 weeks
- There are no HCV positive recipients who could accept the donor liver
- Previous HCV treatment
- HIV or Chronic Hepatitis B.
- DCD or ABO incompatible Donor
- Donor on HCV or with history treatment
- Biopsy of donor liver demonstrating > stage 2 fibrosis.
- Patient or any member of patient family or care giver team who does not understand or accept the risk of an acquired HCV infection
- Hepatocellular carcinoma outside of accepted institutional criteria