A Study of Breast Imaging with F-18 Fluoroestradiol in Patients with Newly Diagnosed ER+ Breast Cancer
About this study
The purpose of this study is to obtain additional high resolution images of your breast cancer using a Positron Emission Mammography (PEM) system. This system only allows us to image the breast, but provides higher quality and better resolution than those images we obtain with the PET/CT scanner.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
Female subjects will be eligible if they:
- Enroll in the ECOG EAI142 trial.
- Provide signed written informed consent
Subjects will be excluded if they:
- Have undergone lumpectomy or mastectomy for primary breast tumor
- Are unable to lie prone on a table for 10 minutes
- Exceed the weight limit on the PEM imaging table (135 kg.)
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.