A Study to Review Patient Experiences and Obtain Follow Up from Patients having Skin Directed Radiation Therapy for Cutaneous Inflammatory Dermatoses
Tab Title Description
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
- Rochester, Minnesota: 17-003388
Sponsor Protocol Number: 17-003388
About this study
The purpose of this study is to:
- To determine the response rates and toxicity in patients that have undergone skin directed radiation therapy for inflammatory cutaneous dermatoses.
- To review and report the institutional experience, clinical responses, and recurrence rates after skin directed radiation therapy by varying dosing regimens and treatment regimens.
- To gather information on technical innovations used in the treatment of inflammatory dermatoses with the goal of publishing our findings so that others can utilize techniques we have found to be useful in the treatment of particularly challenging cases.
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Contact the study team to discuss study eligibility and potential participation.
- Retrospective chart review will be performed on patients with diagnosis of inflammatory dermatoses including but not limited to palmoplantar pustulosis and atopic dermatitis who have undergone treatment with skin directed radiation therapy.
- Patients with rendered clinical and histopathological diagnosis of inflammatory dermatoses who received skin directed radiation therapy will be included.
- Any patient not meeting the criteria will be excluded from study.
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact the study team for the most up-to-date information regarding possible participation.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Mark Denis Davis, M.D.
Closed for enrollment
Publications are currently not available