Corneal Outcomes of Scleral Lens Wear
About this study
1. Determine the corneal cellular changes that occur in response to scleral lens wear.
2. Determine the role of lens clearance over the cornea in relation to corneal cellular changes
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age 18 years or older
- Keratoconus or ocular surface disease requiring scleral lens wear
- Significant corneal scarring.
- Co-existing corneal disease other than the primary diagnosis (above)
- Systemic diseases or medications known to affect the cornea, e.g. diabetes, amiodarone
- Glaucoma or ocular hypertension
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
|Mayo Clinic Location
Mayo Clinic principal investigator
Cherie Nau, O.D.
Closed for enrollment