Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.
- Age 18 years or older
- Able to consent
- Will undergo thyroidectomy or thyroid related tumor resections at Mayo Clinic in Rochester for the following reasons:
- Thyroid nodules (benign, indeterminate, suspicious or malignant) Graves’ disease
- Biopsy proven thyroid cancers.
- Thyroid cancer presenting to Endocrine or Endocrine Oncology clinics for surveillance of their disease
- Age <18 years
- Pregnant women
- Institutionalized individuals
- Others who are likely to be vulnerable